News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac convertible top colors.

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, February 17, 2015, 12:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I finally spoke with Eric Haartz this morning, and things were progressing more or less along standard lines, relative to the offerings of top colors for convertibles in the early 1940s. I.E. Blue/Gray, Tan, and Black.

I was thumbing through my special features book, trying to find the appropriate page while trying to get my point across about other colors being available. I mentioned the Jonarts CleansEasy tops, and he thought that there may have been an Olive/tan shaded top available at one time for several years.

Then, I finally found the correct page, and mentioned the Jonarts Harmony line, and he immediately knew what I was talking about. This was a line also used by Packard. It was available starting in 1937 or 1938 and available up to the start of the war I believe. From the list of colors he was reading from, it sounded like you could get a matching color for just about any car.

How about a Managua Beige convertible with a matching top? This is probably where the idea for the two-toned convertibles came from as well.

He is going to send me a CD with all the information he has available. He didn't mention whether or not he still had color swatches. But he read me a list of at least twenty different colors by name. So at least we can do some surmising. Watch for updates.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

JoeKarasinski

Mine is tan with red edging.

harry s

Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum