News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vintage Cadillacs / La Salle in California Mille 2008

Started by Scott Anderson CLC#26068, March 01, 2015, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Hello, I would like to contact the owners of the several 1940s-1950s vintage Cadillacs (http://allcarcentral.com/cadillac_pix-3.html) or the 1940 La Salle Series 52 (http://www.allcarcentral.com/LaSalle_pix-1.html) that entered the California Mille in 2008. I would like to ask about their experience with it. If anyone can guide me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Scott
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

J. Bice CLC #24805

The green 40 Lasalle was Ray Menefee's, but I think he sold it around that time, and I've heard it has sold at least once again since.
J. Bice CLC #24805
1937 Lasalle 5019

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Thank you J. Bice I'll check into it... The photo in the link shows a woman listed as owner but I couldn't find an entry in the CLC directory for her either.

I appreciate your taking a moment to reply.

- Scott

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Scott,
I can ID many of the car owners. Email me directly & we'll discuss a plan. bobscads@comcast.net
Thanks, Bob Hoffmann
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

J. Bice CLC #24805

Quote from: Scott Anderson CLC#26068 on March 03, 2015, 11:23:28 AM
Thank you J. Bice I'll check into it... The photo in the link shows a woman listed as owner but I couldn't find an entry in the CLC directory for her either.

I think she bought it from Ray around then (I was supposed to be buying it at the time, but that's another story).  However, I think she sold it since. I was listed for sale in the Self Starter a few years ago.  I'll ask around though.  You are just looking for the owner at the time of the 2008 event?
J. Bice CLC #24805
1937 Lasalle 5019

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Yes, I'm just looking for owners at the time of the 2008 event.

(And although I noted it in my original post, again just to be clear my only purpose is to ask them about their experience with driving similar vehicles to mine (1941 6227x) in that event. I have a friend potentially attending with his vintage sports car and hoping I'll drive mine in it with him, but I'm just not sure how driving something like our cars (reading your signature) would work out amongst the crowd of vintage Alfas, Jaguars, Mercedes gullwings/SLs, and myriad Porsches I see in the videos. So hoping to ask a few that apparantly already did it for a reality check.).

zogman66

Scott: I now own the LaSalle that you mentioned in your post. Karol Hosking bought this car from Ray in 2007. She did attend the function you are referring to but I believe she did not enter the car in the race. I could call her if you wish and get back to you if you are still interested.

Tim Herzog

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Hi Tim - thanks for replying. I've spent a fair bit of time on this chasing down others and have concluded that noone from the club actually participated in the event itself; although it's been a few years so details are hazy, there must have been a club presence at the starting point. Likely a display and well-wishing thing for the participants. So while it's kind of you to offer, I don't think it's worth your energies as I don't think it will pan out. If I do end up there I'll likely be the guinea pig for it.

Take care,
Scott