News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

For a 1991 Brougham

Started by Viator Trudeau, March 10, 2015, 02:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator Trudeau

I need a rear bumper center filler for my "91.  part #1629240.  A Cadillac dealer may have one or an after market supplier could carry it.  Let me know.  Thanks

V.Trudeau

Barry M Wheeler #2189

HI, Viator. You mentioned an aftermarket supplier. Just how many do you think such a supplier could sell in a year? These parts take just as much expense to re-do as they did when they were new. If you will be realistic, there is really no market for a 1991 part like that.

And as for "someone knowing" where to get one at a dealer...How would anyone know which dealer might have one? If I were you, I would try some of the used parts people in the East, where the plastic parts don't get baked out from the sun, and see if you can locate one. Make certain that the plastic still has "life" in it. A reputable dealer will know what you're asking for in that respect. There is a guy in CA that deals on eBay. He uses a magic marker pen to identify his parts. Try the guy listed below.

Another way to pursue is to check your National Directory and find other members with the same car. Most of us spend some time in parts yards and pick up all sorts of various parts. Hopefully, someone has seen a nice one and thought he might need it someday. The best of luck to you in your quest. When you find someone to call, make sure you know which 1991 Cadillac you have. DeVille, Fleetwood, front wheel or rear wheel drive. http://stores.ebay.com/david99?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

TMoore - NTCLC

Hi Victor -

If I am understanding you correctly, you are looking for the bumper filler for the rear that goes under the license plate.  If that is correct, then there a large number of after-market suppliers that have this product.

See if this is what you need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1992-CADILLAC-FLEETWOOD-BROUGHAM-COUPE-DEVILLE-REAR-MOLDED-LICENSE-FILLER-/261752372378?fits=Make%3ACadillac

or, if you need more than the one part:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cadillac-bumper-filler

I have not ordered from any of these vendors, but you should be able to locate several places to find these parts.  Also, search the forum for more user experience in mounting these parts - all appear to take a bit of patience and some mods to make them work.  I have replaced all of mine with aftermarket parts, and have not had any real issues.

If these are not the parts you are looking for, give us a little more info and maybe someone will be able to assist.

Tod

Viator Trudeau

I am looking for the rear flat licence plate bumper filler.  Found one at Plastic Parts Inc. for $25.00 ??? They also have the license bezel at $30.00, where I paid $95.00 for it at a Calif. location 4-5 years ago. 

V. Trudeau

Viator Trudeau

To T. Moore-NTCLC :   Thanks for the lead for the plastic rear bumper filler from the supplier in Florida.
The price is reasonable.

V. Trudeau