News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

An authenticity question-1960 chassis/suspension

Started by JoeKarasinski, March 19, 2015, 10:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKarasinski

I'm cleaning up the parts from the front and rear suspensions on the car and I assumed I should paint every thing black but now I'm not sure. I can't find any trace of paint on the spindles or tie rods, idler arm or pitman arm. So the question is, what do I do? If there are parts that are supposed to be bare I guess I can paint them grey like the exhaust manifolds. Any ideas on what the rear axel and control arms should be? I'm thinking from what I see the hardware that holds the brake and fuel lines and what not are going to be yellowzinc but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

Thank you!

n2caddies

On my 60 I cleaned those parts with acetone and sprayed them with a satin clear to keep them from rusting. Eastwood also makes some high solid content spray paints that replicate cast iron finishes that works very well. If you do nothing as I did on my 59 that parts will rust.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

JoeKarasinski

Does anyone know what color the shocks were in 1960? The ones I took off are ACDelco and they are black but I don't know if they were original.