News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1936 LaSalle Series 50 248cid L8 oil pump

Started by lucky e, March 24, 2015, 04:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky e

My father and I are rebuilding the 248cid straight 8 in his 1936 LaSalle series 50 sedan.  There is some corrosion inside the oil pump housing that will likely result in reduced oil pressure, so we feel it needs to be replaced.  I haven't had much luck finding either a reman pump or even an old used pump or pump housing.

Can anyone share a potential source, or happen to have an old pump/housing they would be willing to part with?

Many thanks,
Alex

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Alex,
The MPL shows it as 36 only. P/N 407257. Check with the Oldsmobile parts guys. They might have a NOS one.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

lucky e

Bob,

Thanks for the help regarding the P/N and the association with Oldsmobile.  Do you know of a good source for pre-war Oldsmobile parts?  I have a query in with oldsobsolete.com now...

Alex

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Alex,
I don't have any connections. I would suggest the internet, Hemmings or the Oldsmobile club. If you join the CLC, you could look up other members with like cars in our directory.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.