News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1936 LaSalle Woody

Started by 36 LaSalle Woody, March 31, 2015, 11:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

36 LaSalle Woody

I recently purchased a 1936 LaSalle woody that looks to me that it started life as a coupe or sedan.  It has chevy drivetrain, but still retains the 1936 LaSalle front suspension, drum brakes, kingpins and bushings and manual (armstrong) steering.  I am looking at converting to disc brake and power steering.  Anyone have suggestions and/or info on that?  I would like to know if anyone might have known of this car, I'm trying to trace the history hopefully to whoever converted it into a woody.  I just found a plaque in the car saying "Wood Work" by Bill Rose & James Brown, Jrffersonville, KY.  The plaque looks quite old. 

Tom Boehm

Hello Keith, Welcome to the very small group of Lasalle woodie owners. Mine is a 1940 Lasalle woodie built in 1940. I don,t know anything about your woodie but I remember when I was trying to research mine. Google the names "Bill Rose and James Brown" or that with woodwork or Jeffersonville,  Kentucky. I did that and some possible matches came up. Jeffersonville, Kentucky is just east of Lexington, Kentucky. Where do you live? I'm in Indiana across the river from Louisville Kentucky. Tom Boehm

36 LaSalle Woody

Thanks Tom.  I have already done every google search I could think of.  I live in Caldwell, ID., about 30 miles west of Boise.  I have also been in contact with Doug & Suzy Carr of "Woodn Carr" in southern California (they have a custom '51 Studebaker Woody in center of June 2015 Streetrodder magazine) and they had no knowledge of my woody.  It would be nice to have a history and story of the car.  My email is: kgwatts@pacbell.net.  Thanks for getting back to me.