News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Correct Tailight Connector.

Started by Paul Phillips, April 06, 2015, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Phillips

Trying to sort out a difference between my car 'as was' prior to the resto and the replacement wiring harness I bought with regard to the connectors in the trunk for the Tailight assembies. Car had metal inline bayonet connectors on each side for light/turn/brake. Replacement harness has (2) 2 conductor plastic connector bodies on each side. Which is correct?  Everything else about the harness seems right, so it makes me wonder.

Thanks!
Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Paul: That would make me wonder only as long as it took me to make a phone call to ever made up the harness and ask why plastic and what happened to the 3 metal bayonet connectors on the harness to match the 3 metal connectors on each tail lamp. I have done harnesses on two 41s and a 47. All from Rhode Island Wiring and all harnesses used 3 metal bayonet connectors to match the tail lamps.   Bill

Paul Phillips

Thanks Bill!  I have the bayonet connectors in hand and can easily make the change. Just needed the confirmation you provided.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout