News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Quadrajet cosmetic rebuild

Started by lou-q, April 08, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou-q

Any recommendations of a carburetor shop to cosmetically rebuild the carb of our 67.

The engine and carburetor are fine, I just want the carb to look new again as I'm painting the engine before I put it back in.

The car has gone thru a complete body on restoration including, down to bare metal, new paint, all the chrome and stainless re-done, the interior back to the original pattern leather and a new convertible top in the right color.
The carb, brake booster and a couple of other items under the hood need to be addressed.
Can't wait to see it on the road again!!
Thanks,
Lou
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

Bobby B

Lou,
Hi…Everybody has their own "Carb Guy" that they like and use. I highly doubt anybody would do a "cosmetic" restoration of a carb for you without rebuilding it. You might be able to talk them into it, if you disassemble the carb yourself and just send them the parts. You would have to ask around regarding that issue. Most shops will "cosmetically" restore your carb as part of the deal anyway, so you really might not be saving any money, plus you're getting it back with a warranty and updated internals suited for the wonderful fuel we use today containing Ethanol. I've used different guys over the years, but have had excellent results with Joe @ Carburetor USA in New Jersey. He's does a bunch of Quadrajets for me in the past and it's like having a new car again. He just finished my '47 WCD and the results were fantastic. Carbs come back like new, super reasonable, quick turnaround, and bolt on and go with no issues. He does every Carb himself and is a pleasure to deal with. Hope this Helps!
                                                                                                                                                             Good Luck,
                                                                                                                                                                    Bobby
http://carburetorusa.com
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

waterzap

Mountain Man Fuel.  Not too far from where you are.  Talk to them.  Husband and wife shop 

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-Man-Carburetor-Fuel-Injection/159767177390578
Leesburg, AL

lou-q

Thanks for the replies!
I know that the carb should be completely rebuilt since it will have to be taken apart.
I'll give these guys a call tomorrow.
As far as the ethanol, I use the 90/91 octane ethanol free gas. There are a couple of places by our farm in Indiana and most gas stations in the Fla. Keys have it at the pumps for boats.
Thanks again,
Lou
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us