News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

19914 Fleetwood Brougham 305 V8

Started by cadman56, April 11, 2015, 08:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadman56

Thank you for all your advice on this frustrating project.  A simple engine replacement ( with new GM crate engine ) & transmission rebuild turned out to be quite more work & headaches than anticipated.
I finally worked all the 'bugs'.  Mostly I just needed to replace some of the sensors, more than I had already replaced, & put some miles on it.  I did have to replace a faulty rebuilt torque convertor.
Accidentally using E-85 gas didn't help either.
The car now performs like it did when new, with 196K on it. 
Thank you all again,  Larry
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

TJ Hopland

Good to hear its happy now.    E-85 for sure didn't do you any good.  You would have ended up running real lean.   Systems not designed to run on the stuff just don't have enough adjustment range in em to run the stuff plus it flushes the system so you could have been dealing with sludge from the tank also.   If you have any more signs of issues or have some service being done may be worth changing the fuel filter just to make sure its not partially blocked. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason