News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 Deville, installing carpet, couple of questions, couple of observations

Started by chrisntam, April 11, 2015, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Replacing carpet in the car, I must have found 6 of these rubber strap things under the carpet.  What are they and why?  I did find a few places on the floorboard that have a short raised peg.  I assume they were used to hold something, maybe wiring?

Also found a couple of build sheets, two under the back seat, one behind the passenger door panel.  The two under the back seat have body style 68367 (convertible), the one behind the door panel has style number 68347.  What's up with that, and what body style is that?  The dates are very close. 

Happy to see all this appears original and un-monkeyed with.

chris.

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

I also found this tag under the carpet.  Looks like someone got stuck working on Christmas............

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Glen

I imaging that having extra parts laying around on the assembly line provokes questions from the supervisors, so they get stuck into the cars that follow.  Which would explain why I had a locking rod in the rear quarter window area of my 68 ELDO.   

Maybe someone needed to get rid of those parts and build sheets you found in your car. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

936CD69

68347 is a Coupe deVille.. I noticed the 3 build sheets all had different body numbers as well
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302