News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Deville carpet underlayment / sound deadener

Started by chrisntam, April 11, 2015, 09:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Installing carpet, bought factory repo underlayment from OPGI and I got 3 pieces.  Of course, there is no diagram/directions as to where each one goes.  I found a home for two of the pieces, but have one leftover and none of the holes (of the underlayment) line up with anything on the floor pan.  The second pic is of the last piece I can't find a home for.

Any ideas?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

The Tassie Devil(le)

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

chrisntam

Possibly, but there should be something under the back seat cushion. I removed some old underlayment from there.  That third piece has cut outs for where it looks like the front seat would mount, but the cut outs aren't wide enough and the cut outs don't line up with where the seats bolt down.  I could cut it up and use it where I want to I suppose.......
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

76eldo

Seems like repro parts never are exact. They could have put a sheet in there as a diagram.
Looks like a trunk piece to me.
Beautiful steering wheel too!

Good luck

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

55 cadi

Check with OPGI, they may have a diagram or a tech that can tell you, or the manufactured number to call them and see.

I had a similar problem with weather seals and didn't come with any info on installation, but when I called them they were able to give me info needed.

Looking forward to your next video.

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville