News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1933 Cadillac V12 Sedan

Started by chipboyd, April 16, 2015, 05:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipboyd

Hi --

I'm an old hand in the antique car hobby, but new to the Cadillac world and new to the forum.  I recently located a 1933 V12 Fleetwood-bodied sedan which I am considering buying.   First I'd like to know exactly what it is.   The car has two ID plates on the right side of the firewall as follows:
Plate 1
Job No.  (Blank)
Body No. 5530LX

Plate 2
Job No. 33209
Body No. 56

The car is unrestored, but in exceptionally good condition for an unrestored car.  It has been in storage for many years and is about 1/2" deep in dust.   Can anyone help me with the specifics as to what it is and some idea of the range of values?    Thanks in advance.

All the Best, Chip

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Call the following gentleman, who is a world class expert on the 1933 Cadillac. Ted Raines, 530-676-3463 Please mention my name. This is a West Coast #. Barry Wheeler.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

chipboyd

That's great.  Thanks for the help.  I'll give him a call in the morning.
:)

Anyone else have any insights?

All the Best, Chip

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Chip,
209 is a Fleetwood 5 passenger sedan on a 140" W/B. The most common closed car. The LX shows that Fleetwood did something special  to the car. The invoice will probably not show what that was. Remember... the engine # is what Cadillac used to ID the cars.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

chipboyd

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

For whatever it might be worth, OCPG lists the following values for 1933 Series 370C V12 Sedan with body by Fleetwood as

#1 $76,000

#2 $53,200

#3 $34,200

#4 $15,200

#5 $9,120

Being the car is unrestored original, the value could be somewhat higher but as with anything this rare, it may difficult to estimate what a car like this is worth in the real world - but it's a start.

Please post some pictures if you can. Always a treat to see untouched original examples.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Lars Kneller 8246

Eric, do you have the OCPG values for a 1931 Fisher bodies V-12 sedan- model 31159? Thanks.