News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Heater Coreq

Started by Tahoelover2002, April 22, 2015, 07:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoelover2002

Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone knows where I can purchase a new gasket/seal for the heater control valve where it attaches to the heater core? I haven't had an luck finding one. Or maybe someone knows of another company that can reproduce one since my original is still somewhat intact. Thanks!
James Dodd Jr.

Scott Halver

I bought a rebuilt core and heater valve from Joe Hudecek in WI this past winter for a 1960 Eldorado (found him in Hemmings).   I had never done a heater core before and had some help........ all went well.  Joe's number is  715-392-6169     FYI, I think I paid $250 for the rebuilt core and $125 for the valve, total of $375 plus shipping............  not cheap but it worked and it is right.

Take Care, SHalver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

n2caddies

I had a local radiator shop source the core for me. Found an exact replacement for another application. A Winnebago of all things. Sent the valve to Jim tucker in California found him in Hemmings. The rebuilt valve came back with the new gasket. Seems like I have seen a rebuild kit on eBay or OPG website.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Tahoelover2002

Thank you both for responding! I always forget to look on Hemmings.

Randy: That's very interesting; a Winnebago you say? Was that just for the core itself i'm assuming. You wouldn't happen to know the year or model of that particular Winnebago do you? Also do you have the number for Jim? I would like to call both of these guys and see who would be willing to sell me a gasket.

Also, do either of you know any tell tale signs the control valve is broken? My heater core was leaking and a radiator shop fixed it nice, but I have no clue if there is anything wrong with my valve. The shop said they didn't see anything wrong with it but I don't want to put my system back together to have another coolant leak to clean up. Any test I can preform on it with it being out of the car to see if the valve is broken? Thanks!
James Dodd Jr.

David Greenburg

Old Air Products might have the gasket.i know they carry things like the gasket for the box on the firewall.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

n2caddies

Jim Tucker 760-749-3488
heatercontrolvalve.com
I'm seeing the radiator guy this weekend and see if be can remember where he got the core

Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Tahoelover2002

Much appreciated Randy! I gave Jim a call, my valve is on its way to him as we speak. Thanks very much for your help!
James Dodd Jr.

n2caddies

Glad to help. I see someone is selling new cores on eBay as well.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX