News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Statistics on number of models/colors produced by year?

Started by fishchipper, April 24, 2015, 10:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishchipper

I've seen a few websites where you can go back and see how many vehicles of your car's specific body style were produced in a year.  The numbers are not all identical, but very close.  My question is, is there a database someplace where you could then look to see how many of your vehicle's color was produced out of those numbers?  If anyone has an idea, I'd love to do some more research on that. 

I should note that I'm looking at 1958 models, but I suspect others might be looking too.  I tried to search the forum for this info, and couldn't find it. 

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Chip,

Roy Schneider's book, "1950-1959 Cadillac" lists production by model type. What models are you interested in?

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

To my knowledge, no data exists for color breakdown by model however I do recall seeing a breakdown of colors only for the 1961 model year.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

fishchipper

Quote from: Ralph Messina CLC 4937 on April 24, 2015, 11:19:27 AM
Chip,

Roy Schneider's book, "1950-1959 Cadillac" lists production by model type. What models are you interested in?

Ralph

I've got a 1958 coupe deville deluxe, but was trying to find data on how many of each color were produced.  I'm not aware of any data like that being tracked, but I have to suspect it exists somewhere.  Similarly, I suspect it is not readily available if it does exist someplace.

m-mman

The data books (in my collection) for 1968(?) to 1976 list the color breakdown by body style for the prior year and sometimes the prior 2-3 years. This was done to assist dealers in ordering their new cars.

1958? The best suggestion is to find a copy of "Ward's Automotive Yearbook" for 1959 - they are the best remaining source of statistical information. (the statistics listed are for the prior year) They DO list major options by manufacturer by percentage of production but I dont remember if they listed colors.
However these books are RARE.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634