News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 master parts manual

Started by FinCad, May 05, 2015, 01:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinCad

Hi there,

I bought a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Seville project.
There was loads of documentation following the car.
This kind of brick e.g Master Parts List followed also.

I have not seen this kind of stuff before...Is it for a mechanical shop use originally ? its in perfect condition and seem very very useful.

I am also keen on understand is this rare and is there some financial value for this manual ?

Thanks
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 1955
Cadillac Eldorado Seville 1957
Cadillac Series 62 "flat top" 1959
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

35-709

Neat, a Cadillac Master Parts List, yours printed in 1966 according to the first page.  Somewhere it will state what prior years it covers, it is not just for the Seville. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Roger Zimmermann

The Master Parts List was used in the spare parts department to order the right parts for the mechanics. It can be useful for you when you see that a part X was used for several years, indicating that the chance to find them is greater if the part is one model/year only.
With that book printed in 1966 means that many parts for your Seville will not be included because they were no more available at that time. A similar book printed in 1958 or 1959 would be more useful. As they are reprinted, it's not too difficult to find them. An original parts book in good condition has a value from $ 100.00 to 150.00.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

FinCad

OK, thanks, this information is clarifying the the story.
I got also 57-58 service manuals, service bulletins, parts catalogs etc so I am self sufficient regarding the data by now.
I will put this big brick now to library behind the glass  :)
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 1955
Cadillac Eldorado Seville 1957
Cadillac Series 62 "flat top" 1959
Cadillac Eldorado 1967