News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vehicle identification

Started by yachtflame, May 07, 2015, 05:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

Is there any way to get a build sheet on a 1931 car that has had the engine changed? I have the body and job number plate and I believe the original steering column but the wood was changed when the car was restored so I can't find the number there. I contacted the research department and they didn't seem to be able to help. I was wondering if any one in the club new of another route to proceed .
Thanks,
Wayne Elsworth
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

yachtflame

Come on guys, there's got to be a few ideas out there!
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Wayne Womble 12210

The body number will give you a good idea of the serial number range.  Wonder if you could then get someone who has access to the build sheets to look it up for you.

Johan Boltendal #158

Good morning to you both,  serial as if in engine nr, no chance, early bodies are known to be put on much later engine nrs.  certainly on less common body types.
Depending on the body type you have,
you could try, if your lucky and have access to a known few engine nrs with your body style,  that are in the same body nr sequence,
to order 10 engine nrs higher and 10 lower from a certain engine nr.
It's a long shot with little chance of success, but you will have some fine reading material and possibly your build sheet within. Johan