News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

"Suddenly"

Started by veesixteen, May 07, 2015, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

Zapping on TV last night, I caught an old TCM entitled "Suddenly", starring Ol' Blue Eyes himself  in the role of a would be President's assassin; filmed in 1954, that President presumably would be Dwight D. Eisenhower. The main co-star is Sterling Hayden; he must have been desperate to play a part in this so-so movie.

The Presidential limousine that was supposed to pick up the Peresident at the railroad station is a 1947 Cadillac Series 75 model; you can tell from the horizontal winged emblem on the trunk (poor still from the movie, attached).

Otherwise, no redeeming factor whatsoever.  Check it out on "YouTube":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPeIrBUpP1Q
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Blade

Yann, looks interesting, I'll probably end up watching the entire movie...

Speaking of ... just last weekend I was browsing Netflix and came across a 2002 movie titled 'Malevolent' with Lou Diamond Phillips who plays a cop (Jack) trying to catch a rich kid (played by Eduardo Ballerini) who murdered some people, including Jack's mother. The kid drives a red '59 convertible Cadillac so Jack tries to find him by the car and he types in the computer to search for '1959 Cadillac Eldorado' but doesn't come up with a match and gives up that method. The car is pictured below, what's wrong with this picture?

Jon S

It' a Series 62. . .
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Barry M Wheeler #2189

There is a Thelma & Louise takeoff either out now or tomorrow that features a red '66 convertible. It shows it getting mushed in the trailer. Also there is a new State Farm commercial with "Elvis" that mangled the RR fender of a 1958 SDV.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Blade

Quote from: Jon S on May 07, 2015, 02:51:45 PM
It' a Series 62. . .

Maybe Jack needs to check with some CLC members to properly identify the car first. On the other hand I see this all the time when there is a '59 convertible for most people it's automatically an Eldorado ..  :(

INTMD8

First thing I thought of when I saw the title was "Suddenly, it's 1960"  (57 Plymouth ad)

Quentin Hall

I just softly started humming the Lionel Ritchie song and waving a lit lighter in the air.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Blade

Quote from: INTMD8 on May 08, 2015, 12:43:28 AM
First thing I thought of when I saw the title was "Suddenly, it's 1960"  (57 Plymouth ad)

You're on the wrong forum then Jim ...  ;D