News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Re: 1942 Cadillac convertible

Started by Blade, April 15, 2015, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade

Quote from: 1941/42 Convert. on April 15, 2015, 09:02:50 PM
One was sold and is being street rodded currently. Thanks

What a shame ...  :-\

Jeff Hansen

There are seven (7) currently listed as owned by CLC members in the latest Membership Directory.  I know of two (2) others that I don't think are owned by CLC members.   No idea if any of them are the ones you own/owned.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Christer

Dear 1941/42 Convert. and other members,

I just became a member in the The Cadillac & LaSalle Club. I just bought a 1942 Cadillac Convertible. It was imported in 2006 to Sweden from the USA by a close friend of mine. What I know, is that there are one more 1942 Cadillac Convertible in Sweden. I'm now trying to find out about original colors and original equipment etc. to restore it as it was initially.

Do you know how I can see/login to the Membership Directory for Cadillac & LaSalle Club and find others that also owns a 1942 Cadillac Convertible?

I attach a picture of my car. Hope you like it!

Best regards,
Christer Ekman, Sweden

Jeff Hansen

Christer,

Welcome to the Club!  As a member, a copy of the Membership Directory will be mailed to you.  There is no electronic directory.  I don't know exactly how soon after you join that the Directory is sent.  You may want to contact the Club's office at CadLaSalleClub@aol.com.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

gary griffin

I contacted Christer and he sent a few pictures including one of the 3 stooges playing around with his car. It was once owned by Mo Howard (Mo was one of the three stooges).

It is a beautiful car and one to be proud of. Especially nice since it is a 1942!!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Christer

Dear Jeff and Gary,

Thank you so much for your help and your warm welcoming.

Best regards,
Christer

Bill Young

Your 1942 Series 62 convertible was Owned by Moe Howard? , WOW. I am a huge three Stooges fan. I Own a cancelled check from Moe Howard's checking account , his Daughter sent it to me in the 1980's. Any chance You could post the photo with the Stooges in it?

k8096

There's a photo out there of all 3 of the Three Stooges with the 1942 Cadillac conv.    It was in one of the issues of the Self Starter back in the 1970's.   The car was originally light cream in color. 
J Gehring

Christer

Hey!
I think I have the photograph that you mention, there's also a lady sitting in baksättes of the car where I was thinking of who she is / was and what those other brothers named Mo Howard as in the picture.
Is there a newspaper copy that you can get hold of where the car was with?
If possible, I'll try to get hold of information on the previous owner of the Cadillac - nice if you can find this information in the future to dokumtera the history of the car.
I have the original on the first proof of ownership of the car from 1942, which then belonged to Mrs. Minna L. Tenney. She got the car delivered February 18, 1942.
Wonder who she was who had the privilege of owning this vackar car?
It sounds interesting with your details on the car's origin color, I've thought a lot about this when I looked over the car and looked at the original colors that were on the cars 1942- I have the privilege of having the color chart in original from that year. I have submitted a request to the GM Media Archive to them will help me get construction data so as it appeared at delivery in 1942 - it will be exciting to get the answer. I'll even try to get up who else has and owns a Cadillac Convertible Coupe from 1942 - there is a Convertible to Sweden where I have contact with the owner of this car. If there is anyone who wishes me to send pictures of the car or anything else related to the car, my mail address: christer.ekman@smab.nu
I translate into Google Translate and it may be something exciting in the translation
many greetings from Sweden / Christer

Bill Young

Ok , I have looked and looked and I cannot find any photos of The Three Stooges with a 1942 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible. I would Love to see that.

Christer

Hey!
Here are some pictures of Mo Haward and the Three Stooges.
Would be nice to get the names of others who are in the picture as well as who the lovely lady in the back seat is if there is someone who knows.
/ Christer

Christer

/Christer

Christer

became something crazy when I sent the images as you noticed.
/ C

Jeff Hansen

The man in the front seat of the Cadillac is Larry Fine.  The man in the small car is Jerome "Curly" Howard, Moe's brother.  I don't know who the woman is.

Lots of information about the Stooges at http://www.threestooges.com/

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Bill Young

Thank You for posting the photo! The Woman in the rear seat is Larry Fine's Wife Mabel.

Christer

Hello and thank you for information about the names of people who were at the photograph. Have now received information from GM Media Archive it turned out that I had been given the wrong information about ownership proof that I have in my possession, which belonged Mrs.Minna L. tin - it's a completely different Cadillac engine number is 3380984 on this car and do not belong to my Convertible.
Not always easy to find information on old cars.
Now has probably been the correct one on my car, see attached - is there anyone who can get up on that basis what the car has had the original color when it left the factory.
Also has an individual number on the car when it was in the United States  37-879?- can be as in Sweden obtain ownership information on bilenens all previous owner?
I have also found an indication that the first owner / or earlier, may have been the Admiral Harold Stark, Chief of Naval Operations in Washington DC - but I do not know if the information is correct.
greetings
/ Christer

gary griffin

Christer,  the 37-879 number appears to be a state license number which usually has no connection to the actual identity of the car.  Each state has individual licensing requirements and are not interrelated.  I could not read the states name in the picture though. If you can find out the state which issued the license plate that may help a little, and also the year it was issued.

The engine number is not as important as most people think.  My 1942 has a 1941 engine in it. Mine was owned by the army during WW-II and most probably the engine failed and it was easier to put a good engine from a wrecked car into the car.

Numbers matching seems to be more important to the hot rod people than it is the classic car people.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Christer

Gerry - thanks for the info - this will also be the base of the car.
/ Christer

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Christer,
Is this invoice based on your frame #? I'm a little confused. If so, it was black with red leather interior & red wheels. My favorite combination.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jeff Hansen

Engine number 3380984 would be a 1942 series 75 car.

The Admiral Stark '42 convertible belongs to a CLC member here in the US.  The owner has it well documented.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan