News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Late 20's parts ID Help needed

Started by M. Bankes, May 17, 2015, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Bankes

Hi,
I am hoping to get some help to ID some parts I just got that are supposed to be for a late '20's Cadillac, possibly a 1928. I have wooden spoke wheels, exhaust manifolds, a knee action shock, brake drums, the case of a transmission.......a bunch of misc small parts. I got the parts with some other parts I just bought and am looking to sell them, but need to know more about them first. Is there any way to know what year or model they came from ? I'm having trouble finding much out there to compare too
Thanks
Michael

m-mman

Information on 1920s stuff is much more scarce than 50s stuff. 
Potentially anything can be identified, but realistically you are going to have to post some pictures.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

M. Bankes

Hi,
All you had to do was ask :) I have lots of parts, but we'll start with some of the larger ones. There are some wooden spoke wheels, 3 doors, a transmission case, brake drums, brake backing plate and brake assembly and a couple other pieces. I would really like to confirm the year the parts came from, or would work for, on the tranny case, 8 cyl ? V12 ? Any way to know ? Same with the brakes and wheels, any way to know what model or year they would be from ?
Thanks
Michael

M. Bankes

more pics

M. Bankes

more....

M. Bankes

more...

M. Bankes

Anybody ? Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

TMoore - NTCLC

Hi Michael -

20's parts are pretty rare, and not easily identifiable, but I encourage you to join and post at this site:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EarlyV8Cadillac/info

These guys will probably be able to help you out - not as many members, but they are devoted to the early Cadillacs, and have a wealth of knowledge to share -

Hope these pieces find a good home -

Tod

Johan Boltendal #158

There should be a number on the trans housing, front side, flat surfaced edge ,left upper part , a stamped nr.  that number will tell you what year the trans is off and what engine
tell me what 's on it and I'll let you know  Johan