News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

HEATER HOOKUP

Started by grandads59, May 18, 2015, 08:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandads59

ok, have the core in and both sides of the the box attached to the car there are two pipes coming out, one larger one on top and one smaller one on the bottom.  which one is the input to the heater.  It is a 1959 coupe.

n2caddies

At the water pump there are two connectors and their size should guide you. The larger one being 3/4 and the smaller being 5/8. Do you have the service manual?  The hoses should go between the intake and valley pan of the motor. If you are not using the original style ribbed type hoses I would suggest if you have a local parts store that will let you look at their heater hoses selection to find a 3/4 and 5/8 hose with a preformed 90 degree bend that made a real clean looking installation on my 59 conv. No AC. Did the same on the 60 with AC. It allows the hoses to bend tight near the firewall so you can route it without any restrictive kinks. Just an idea that worked for me.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Blade

Outlet from the pump (driver side) goes to the bottom on the heater, inlet (passenger side) connects to the top, the hoses cross right behind the intake as they come out then run over the valve cover.

grandads59

Thanks guys.  The diagram in the repair manual was not that clear to me

Jon