News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

searches

Started by cadillac ken, May 22, 2015, 12:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillac ken

Is there a way to do a search for a particular year car and parts for sale, related questions, etc?

Ken in Florida

Ken Perry

Hey,Cadillac Ken is what they call me out here in California !  8) Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

TJ Hopland

Not really.   With all the rules here there is not one that says your subject has to have useful info in it that would allow you to just search topics.   Many people now do get a fairly complete subject line in but there are still many that don't and if you go back a few years most don't have good subject titles so you have to search the text too which tends to get you a lot of hits that don't really have good info in them.   Some forums call the topics without specific info teaser topics and give you a warning and will delete the whole thread if its not fixed. 

An example would be a topic like "still having the same problem" which really does not tell 99% of the readers anything.  A correct topic would be "still having brake problems 70 Fleetwood".      That way we know its a brake issue and its a 70 and its a Fleetwood.   Because of the 'still' we know there may be a past topic or discussion related to this issue.    Lots of good info in the subject.  You could find it by searching 70, or Fleetwood, or brake.    Only variable left would be do you search 1970 or just 70. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

76eldo

I have used the search feature here on this site to find previous posts or look for previously asked questions.

If you type "1960 front bumper" any posts with those three words I. It in any configuration will come up.

The search button is on the top of each page in the rest of the navigation buttons or links.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

cadillac ken

Thanks guys!  Probably the best advice is the year only--  Like TJ Hopland said.  Also thanks TJ for the response. 
  Ken Perry: "Hey,Cadillac Ken is what they call me out here in California !"  I'm sure there's at least one Cadillac Ken in every state!  ;) 

Cheers, Ken in florida

David Greenburg

It really depends on the nature of the question; you can certainly search by year if it's a year-specific issue.  But I often have issues that could span multiple years, so I will often search by subject; e.g. "dash restoration" or "window motor."  Yes, there will be a number of  irrelevant hits, but it really doesn't take that long to go through them, even if there's a couple of pages of hits.

There may be a number of other Cadillac Kens out there, but for those of us obsessed with all things '59-'60, there's only one Cadillac Ken. For those who have seen it, his back yard is sacred ground!
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special