News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How Many Collectors Have Lionel or American Flyer Trains?

Started by Jon S, May 24, 2015, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon S

I've got both.  They seem to go with car collecting . . .
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

chrisntam

I have N gauge, from many years ago.  Haven't had it out in a long time.  Good, fun stuff though.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jay Friedman

I don't have one yet, but am contemplating getting a Lionel 027 gauge set, including the 2026 locomotive I had as a boy. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Bill Young

I used to be in O Scale 2 rail and in 2003 my layout I used to have was in " O Scale and 48/ft. magazine " It was called scenes along the water level route . I now one a 3 rail NYC Hudson with a pre streamlined 20th. Century Limited consist.

gouldsom

Got a 59 Biarritz and 5 Lionel 700E Pre War scale Hudson's, and a set of scale cars. Cadillac's and Lionel's greatest.
I love em all
Richard

Jon S

Quote from: gouldsom on May 25, 2015, 02:46:03 AM
Got a 59 Biarritz and 5 Lionel 700E Pre War scale Hudson's, and a set of scale cars. Cadillac's and Lionel's greatest.
I love em all
Richard

I have one 1937 700E, a 726 Berkshire and tons of American Flyer.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Highwayman68

I have Lionel O gauge, American Flyer, HO and most recently G Scale outdoor
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Andrew Trout

O/O-127 trains. They're all boxed up for now. It was something my brother and I were into when we were younger. I'd like to set up some in the future, but I'd need a house for the space required. And the house isn't until next year at the earliest.

Rochester, NY
1961 Convertible

Tom Boehm

Hello Andrew, I have my dads Lionel set from 1940. I got one when I was a kid c.1970. About two years ago I got my kids a Lionel set for Christmas. Tom Boehm

RPangborn

Ironically, it was the popularity of toy cars, i.e. hot wheels, slot car racing, that slowly caused the demise of electric trains.
77 Eldorado
79 Coupe deVille

ebuliavac

My dad's Lionel from 1930s, my American Flyer from 1960s, plus HO.  Ed Buliavac
1940 6227C
1996 Fleetwood Brougham

mgbeda

I have a few Lionel trains, as well as well as a bunch of various brand N-scale.  Then when I grew up, me toys got bigger too.  Seems a natural progression.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Dave Ventresca

whats this  topic got to do with classic caddies? Dave