News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

40 LaSalle running boards

Started by Krazy Curt, May 24, 2015, 05:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazy Curt

My 40 LaSalle has a bent running board. I have it fixed now but need the top coating.
It appears to be molded on. Is there a replacement coating, or a mat to replace it?
Where do I find something to restore the rubber on this running board?

Thanks
Krazy Curt 

Tom Boehm

Hello Curt, Nobody reproduces a glue on mat for a 1940 Lasalle. There are two guys in Canada who individually mold the original mat pattern back on your boards.(two separate companies). The results are beautiful and durable but this will cost about $2,000. Pat Rowden is the guy who did mine. I am very satisfied. One is www.runningboardrubber.com and Rowden is www.runningboardrubbermats.com. He has a picture of my completed boards on his website. (1940 Lasalle woodie) Steele used to reproduce a glue on mat for 1940 Lasalle many years ago but does not any more. Tom Boehm