News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hydramatic band adjusting tool

Started by Joe V, May 31, 2015, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe V

Are these tools functionally the same?

I know the numbers are both 2681 but the first type has a longer body. Not sure if the longer body is needed to be able to adjust from inside of the car or not.  Also the second type has an extended socket at the end.  So before purchasing I thought I would ask.

Bobby B

Joe,
Hi….Better off dropping the pan and setting it more accurately at the servo's with the correct tools. That tool works, but works off band slippage at different RPM's, plus it's a PITA to manipulate in the car. I will lend you the correct tools if you need to do an adjustment on your bands. Hope this Helps!

P.S. Just noticed that you were looking to purchase one of "those". Don't bother, you can borrow it from me if needed. Up to you.
                                                                                                                                                                 Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH