News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

One man's trash ...

Started by Blade, June 03, 2015, 02:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade

I think nothing amazes me anymore ... For some people it's just junk and trash, others would die for it. I always wonder how these beauties end up like it? A '53 Eldorado (only 532 produced) amongst the junk parts and trash...

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Tibor,
How long ago was that pic taken?
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Blade

Bob,
Not quite sure, I was searching for some parts for my '59s and the guy had some but nothing I needed (and his prices were kind of high anyway), this picture was on his site along with a couple of more cars. I tried contacting him but no reply. His website has not been updated since 2013 so who knows ... honestly I didn't even save the site but I could probably find it again if I think how I got there again. History doesn't show it anymore ...  :-\

Blade

That's it Jim ... it's been several days since I was there. Did you try contacting the person?

Jay Friedman

Of course it's impossible to tell from that photo, but I would think that the piece of junk and trash being an Eldorado might make it possible to economically restore it and therefore be valuable to someone as is. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Ken Perry

I talked to a old guy that had a bunch of Cadillacs out in the dessert.This was back in the 90s,he said he used to live in the city and they got on him about having to many cars and one of them was a 53 Eldo,he said he took the fancy wheels off and had it crushed !!!Sad ! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Car would need to be worth a million to make involvement worthwhile. Unfortunately they're only worth a third of that, done, max.

It's a shame really - that a low production factory show car should suffer the indignity of being worth a fraction of any number of late '60s - '71 regular mass-production muscle cars.  But that's the market... ::)

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

David King (kz78hy)

I bought a 59 horn ring from him and it looks great.  Not installed, but in the box awaiting the time for when the car gets done.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Philippe M. Ruel

From the scratches on some pictures, obviously scans of older paper prints.
The last image of the series (red 1959 Eldo) is dated 5/25/99, bottom right, in the so typical style late-20th century cameras did print on films.

Did they "restore" the white 1959 Series 62 convertible using stucco ? Awful.
1952 60 Special in France.