News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

tri power for Caddy 472-500ci

Started by cadillac ken, June 06, 2015, 10:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillac ken

Art Woody had been looking for a tri-power set up for the big cad motors in a post about a month ago.  I recently found that Charlie Price Vintage Speed now offers an adaptor that bolts to the big cad 4bbl intake that will set you up with tri-power carbs.  It looks really nice and vintage too.

Just thought I'd pass it along…
http://vintagespeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/3x2-31.jpg

Cheers, ken in FL

Jon S

Quote from: cadillac ken on June 06, 2015, 10:23:47 AM
Art Woody had been looking for a tri-power set up for the big cad motors in a post about a month ago.  I recently found that Charlie Price Vintage Speed now offers an adaptor that bolts to the big cad 4bbl intake that will set you up with tri-power carbs.  It looks really nice and vintage too.

Just thought I'd pass it along…
http://vintagespeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/3x2-31.jpg

Cheers, ken in FL

It may support 3 2bb carburetors, but it is still effectively providing the same functionality as a single 4 barrel.  A true tri power setup would supply fuel to two cylinders apiece.  Also, I don't see the vintage look - it looks totally incorrect!
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

cadillac ken

Not for everyone or course.

I once had a 4x2 aluminum manifold (4 Stromberg 97's) for the early 331, 365, 390 motors I thought would be cool to run on one of my modified Caddies.  It was a nice piece cast with the name "Horne" into it.  I called the late Smokey Yunick and asked him if he had ever heard of it.  He said: "No i've never seen one.  But that motor would probably run just as good with the single four on it, but I'm bettin' that aint why you want to run it."

Of course he was right.

But I did run it and I did get that motor to run pretty good too.

Your point is correct about the single four.  But for guys who want the look of tri-power, this is a pretty neat option IMO.