News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Convertible front bumper cross-braces

Started by Andrew Trout, June 10, 2015, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Trout

Trying to fill in another gap from our tear-down photos.

Just to be clear: these are not the cowl-to-fender braces. We have those, and know how they attach to the car. The bumper cross braces however...what do they attach to? We've figured out how they attach to the bumper, but are at a loss as to what they attach to on the body or frame. I think they attach somewhere to the bottom of the upper grill support, near the hood stops, but I can't be sure.

The above picture is from the tear-down phase. I totally missed taking photos of when we pulled the grill out.

Is anyone with a '61 convertible able to snap a few pictures of their cross-braces?
Rochester, NY
1961 Convertible

n2caddies

On a 59 and 60 they attach to the radiator support. They cross each other in an X fashion behind the grill. The holes are on the vertical edge of the radiator support. I would imagine a 61 is similar.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX