News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Sedan DeVille car/seat covers?

Started by Tahoelover2002, June 12, 2015, 03:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoelover2002

Hey guys,

I am looking to see if anyone knows of a good place to get seat covers as well as a decent car cover for my DeVille. The car cover doesn't have to be any thing special, just decent. I'm not really sure what to look for as far as those so any suggestions would be nice. The seat covers however I would prefer covers that are formed fitted specifically for that bench seat....not like those universal fit ones from Walmart or something. If anyone knows of a decent place, brand, website ect. that would be great! Thanks in advance.
James Dodd Jr.

59-in-pieces

James,
What a great question.
Have not seen any photos posted on the forum of any Cads that had them.
It brings back memories of my mother's 56 SDV 4 window - 2 tone blue.
Beautiful blue leather and brocade seats.
The company that did the work here in CA. was - I think - RAYCO - not sure - (since I was a wee-tike), which did convertible tops and seat covers.
By the way, they were made out of hefty clear plastic with beefy stitches - worked for our Great Dane.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

BillR. CLC # 29203

James,

Excellent questions. Regarding the car cover this company was recommended by a forum member.
The '59  is still in paint so it will be at least a few months before it can be put to use. The recommendations from this forum were solid as well as others I managed to find:

http://www.carcovers.com/covers/cars.html

BillR.

Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Scott Halver

Hello, My wife does quilting..........   so she made car seat covers, pink to match the car with 1960 stated, Eldorado, and the Cadillac emblem...... and pillows to match.    If you can find someone that quilts in your area and is willing ?    It is a lot of work but they don't look like typical seat covers......  very custom, goes over well at car shows.
SHalver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350