News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 rims on a 53?

Started by Dan LeBlanc, June 19, 2015, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan LeBlanc

I just took the radials and rims off the 61 to go back to bias ply.  I plan on using these radials and rims as rollers for the 53 while I'm working on it.

The question is, will the 61 rims bolt on to the 53?  I'm thinking in terms of bolt pattern and clearance for the brake drums.  Not really worried about offset and things like that as these are just to have something to hold air (these should hold air fairly well - they have less than 2000mi on them, but really hated them on the 61).
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

signart

Bolt pattern is same 5 on 5. Backspacing no doubt way different, but still might get 'er rolling.
Art D. Woody

Dan LeBlanc

Thanks Art. 

Rolling is the key for now - plus it will give me the opportunity to still have it rolling while I refinish the original rims.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Rob Troxel

Rims?  They are part of the "Wheel"  so it was a wheel swap?

62 driver

Dan, Matt runs 1953 wires on his 61 so it should work the other way.
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889