News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'60 dash bulb holders

Started by David Greenburg, June 19, 2015, 01:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

Does anyone know if the holders for the instrument panel light bulbs are a unique part, as contrasted to something that might be had at a parts store? I had a lead break off of one of mine where it enters the bulb holder. I could  repair it, but I suspect it would hold up better if I just replaced the assembly.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Ken Perry

Should I send one of those with your order Mr Greenburg?  8) Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Julien Abrahams

I think RockAuto aslo has them.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

David Greenburg

Ken:

If that's easy, please include.  I did manage to bandage mine back together, but I'm sure the connection will vibrate apart sooner rather than later.  Had a local show this weekend  and wanted to get dash/cluster back together. Would you like a 59 oil filter cartridge in return?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Ken Perry

I can always use one of those :) Thanks,hope you had a nice Fathers Day. Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

David Greenburg

I figured you could use one.  I've got a couple left over from my '59.  Yes, it was a nice day; hope yours was nice as well.  Highlight of the weekend was Saturday's Tiburon Car Show, my car's first "public appearance,"where it was received very well, despite a bunch of serious exotic and very high dollar restorations.  There was another '60 there; a CDV with 40,000 miles on it, completely original except for 1 repaint.  The current owner's father bought it used in the early 60's.  Amazing car, and a great chance to check out details.   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville