News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Suggestions for an accurate reasonably tire pressure gauge?

Started by 13912, June 24, 2015, 01:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any suggestions on tire pressure gauges that are under $75 , compact to put in the glove compartment , easy to use & read in pounds and go up to only about 50 pounds display if it's analog ?
Thanks
Bob Dwyer

Dan LeBlanc

I have a couple nice digital ones I picked up at WalMart that are fairly accurate and quite small too.  I've seen bigger keychains.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Mini-Digital-Tire-Gauge/19232385
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

TJ Hopland

I too was recently comparing readings between 3 or 4 gauges I had and found over a 10 psi difference between the 5 gauges I had.

I suppose digital is likely more accurate than mechanical these days?  None of mine are digital.    I could imagine a sensor being more accurate than the tolerances and components required to make a mechanical one.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Gene Beaird

I was looking for a compact gauge, and picked up a Slime brand gauge.  Not the same one in that link, but same brand, and digital.  It was off by almost 10#! 

So definitely compare before buying!! 
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Jon S

AutoZone has some compact analog ones that look like a tire by the register.  I have a few and they all read the same, so I'm "assuming" they are accurate.  They are about $8.00@.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

76eldo

Milton is a kind of a name brand with gauges and air compressor tire related stuff.

I really don't know how accurate though.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I use a Milton that I found in a car that I bought. I have a couple of older USA made ones that always agree with the Milton, so I believe that the Milton is accurate. I also had a couple of Chinese cheapies that I picked up here and there. They read all over the place, so they are now in the landfill.

I bought 3 different digital gauges & only Accutire compared exactly to my local high performance tire vendors gold standard professional gauge. The others were off by 4 to 5 pounds. As critical as having correct tire pressure is it's too bad there's so much junk being offered & we assume it's giving us correct readings.
BobDwyer