News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Earliest Cadillac "Agencies"

Started by jdemerson, June 24, 2015, 08:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

There has been discussion of the oldest Cadillac dealers. Here is a list that was published in a Cadillac brochure that is dated 1902. That has to be the earliest sales brochure, I believe. I enclose a copy of a page from that brochure that lists agencies "as of January 1, 1903".

John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
1952 Cadillac 6219X
CLC # 26790
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Richard Sills - CLC #936

This is very interesting information.   I note that in Washington, D.C., as well as in Boston and Providence, the Cadillac dealer was the American Cycle Manufacturing Company.  At the dawn of the 20th century, it was not unusual to find a connection between the bicycle business and the automobile business.  Both provided personal transportation, and after the motorized bicycle was introduced, the “horseless carriage” was a logical next step.

The Philadelphia dealer, John Wanamaker, owned a major department store in downtown Philadelphia.  I wonder whether Cadillacs were sold out of that store.