News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

RADIO AND HEATER

Started by grandads59, June 25, 2015, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandads59

My new rear speaker came with a black wire which I assume is for the ground.   My old one had nothing (didn't work).
Modes this just ground to one of the speaker screws.

Jon Hartwell

Doug Houston

Try grounding the speaker voice coil to tthe body, as the other one was.

For any (unexplainable) reason, you have generator or alternator noise in the new speaker, run a grounding wire from the speaker voice coil to the radio case, instead of to the body.

I'm confident that   the body ground will do the job.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

59-in-pieces

Jon,
Your car is a coupe - can't answer directly.
I only know Eldos convrts - but they are likely alike..
And, it sounds like you have an after market speaker - does it look like the pics.

There is a pic of a rear speaker cut from a major rusty Eldo - note the ground location.
There is a pic of the replacement speaker with both leads.
Note there are 2 wires - one for the lead to the radio, and the second is the GREEN ground.
I reinstalled the speaker assembly like original - ground wire to the rear seat frame - works like a champ.

Have you checked the continuity from rear to the front along with the splitter knob - may be a simple broken wire.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher