News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Mounting Brackets 1959 Series 62 AC Compressor

Started by DylanFan52, June 28, 2015, 03:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanFan52

I am restoring a 1959 Series 62 that had factory AC.  The AC compressor was missing when I got the car.  I found a compressor but the back brackets are missing.  I would appreciate if someone with a 1958-60 Cadillac with AC would send me pictures showing how the compressor brackets attach to the AC brackets that are bolted to the engine,  or send me a link to a picture online showing what they look like.  That way I will know what I am looking for or give me an idea on what they look like in case I have to have some made.  Also I think this bracket supports the AC compressor but I am not sure.  Any ideas as to what this bracket is for?  Thank you for your help.  John C aka "DylanFan52."

Roger Zimmermann

Years ago, I parted out a '59 with A/C. I still have the brackets for the compressor. Tell me if you are interested.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Ken Perry

Sounds like  Roger has what you need. If for some reason he does'nt, I also have the A/C brackets for a 59 Cad. I would not even consider making them . The main one is a big cast piece. Anyway,good luck. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

DylanFan52

Thanks Ken and Roger for the responses.  The compressor should arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) and after I get a chance to look at it to see what I actually have I will get back with you.  John

DylanFan52

Here is the AC compressor.  I have the front adjustable bracket that attaches to the bracket which is attached to engine.  I need the rear bracket.

Thanks for your help Ken and Roger!