News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 365 ci water pump heater hose configuration

Started by Alex-57, July 15, 2015, 05:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex-57

Hi all -

Ok I have a 365 ci Cadillac out of my 57  Coupe de Ville and am trying to see if these lines on the back of the water pump are set up correctly. I purchased a new water pump from Cad 500 out of Albuquerque and have to remake the hard line portion as it looks a bit corroded. Thoughts?

Alex

Walter Youshock

Looks right to me.  The tip hoses go to the transmission cooler and the side to the heater core.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Alex-57

Hi Walter -

Are you saying the black rubber hose that was looped goes to the transmission cooler? Mine has an aftermarket one on it which is probably why it was bypassed? Can I just plug those or does it need to flow?

Alex

Walter Youshock

The upper hoses should go to the trans cooler.  They aren't necessary if you have a different cooler setup.  If you can find the proper size brass plugs, simply remove the upper plumbing and seal off the ports.

DO NOT DISCARD THE PIPES!!! I got a rebuilt pump and it didn't come with them.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Alex-57

Ya, my new water pump didn't come with them either. I just didn't want to loop it again if I didn't have to. I think it looks sloppy. One thing if you're not pulling it apart and making it pretty, but completely different if you've rebuilt the whole motor.  Thanks for the help!

Alex