News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

can't find Vin on 41 and 42 series 60

Started by pjmiller099@gmail.com, July 25, 2015, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjmiller099@gmail.com

I've looked for the VIN on engine and top of frame rails in engine compartment.there is a small style tag by the drivers hood hinge.where else would they be?thanks

Smedly

40-41 is on the crank case behind left cylinder block and on left frame rail near steering gear. 42-48 on engine block behind water pump and on right frame rail.
Hope this helps
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Keep looking.. I "used" the info on the cowl tag when I bought mine some years ago and the trooper agreed. When I sold it, I had all sorts of trouble getting a correct title for the purchaser, and I KNEW where the #s should have been.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

pjmiller099@gmail.com

Thanks guys.i have looked on both haven't seen anything.are the numbers on sides of rails..?

Paul Phillips

41 60 S will have the vin on the left frame rail in 2 places.  First is on the rail near the master cylinder - you may need to clean the area and even pull up the dust skirt that is stapled to the fender and clipped to the frame rail. The number is also repeated on the left rail under the drivers floorboard. You may not be able to see this one w/o pulling the body! 

If you do not see the vin on the engine block left rear, check the right front just in front of the head. Later models moved the vin to that location. You may have a replacement engine from a later year.

Hope this helps
Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Bill Gauch #23121

Some have reported the frame stampings are really, really shallow. If anyone repainted the engine bay, some paint could fill it up. It also can be easily filled with oil/dirt. A good scrubbing with degreaser or a steam cleaner plus some bright light should reveal it.
WANTED: Nothing right now.

- 1938 Series 65 - 4-door sedan - Restoration (slowly) ongoing

http://38caddy.blogspot.com/

pjmiller099@gmail.com

Thanks guys I'll look again and do some more cleaning