News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1995 Sedan de Ville Brake issues

Started by 72 Coupe, July 26, 2015, 06:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72 Coupe

Hello everybody, I just purchased  a 1995 Sedan de Ville with a 4.9 L and have a few questions, hopefully somebody can help me out. The car was sitting for a about 2 years. The car has some brake issues. The pedal goes all the way down to the floor. The reservoir was empty and i topped it off. The pedal still goes to the floor. I would like to know, how can i tell if the master cylinder is bad or the brake booster is bad? The brake light and the anti lock light are on the dash. The fluid is still topped off. Please help. Thank you.                                                                                                                       

R. Mella

Scot Minesinger

The brakes may need to be bled to get air out.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty