News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Cadillac Deville - Gas Gauge

Started by dmm663, August 05, 2015, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmm663

My gas gauge has suddenly decided to have a mind of its own.
It never goes to full but will move up to 3/4 on a full tank and down to 3/8 when getting low.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Julien Abrahams

If you have the shop manual, the fuel gage operation is discussed on pages 686 to 691. If you don't have the shop manual, let me now, and I will post the relevant pages here.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

Bill Young

Also as an aside. When you lower the rear license plate door where you access the gas filler neck there is a thru body connection of wiring to the trunk. One wire is a ground for the gas gauge make sure this connection is clean and secure or it will cause fits with your gauge.

dmm663

Thanks Bill I will  check... I just ordered the manuals on CD, waiting for it to arrive come.

Dave