News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

75 Cadillac Eldorado EGR valve

Started by Tpicks55, August 07, 2015, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpicks55

My 75 came without a EGR valve and the manifold had a cover plate.  Im about to install a new valve but the instructions state look up the part number and reference the data for the right orifice washer.  Any idea which washer I should use?  Thanks in advance for any help.  Tony
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

Scot Minesinger

Tony,

The valve should have a chart to get the right washer.  On the last two I replaced, no washer was required (several no washer applications on the sheet for the larger engines).

Get a real good Felpro gasket.  Often the gasket that comes with it is terrible, and the small space between two opening that the valve closes off on fails and so it is always open then and the car will run terrible.  You may think the valve is bad, but it is like the gasket.  Clean off the surface real god before installing gasket.  The shop manual also tells you how to clean out the EGR valve if it gets dirty.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Tpicks55

75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

bill06447

It's important to stake in the "washer" and not depend on the gasket for retention. On a 425 it was the larger opening "washer" of the two supplied.

Bill