News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wanted: Modified Cads/LaS and Volunteers to Pilot CLC Modified Division Judging

Started by Vince Taliano #13852, September 07, 2015, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Taliano #13852

In 2017, the CLC Grand National will include judging for Modified Cadillacs and LaSalles for the first time ever.  In preparation for judging modified cars, a draft set of judging rules and judging form have been developed (see attached).

The upcoming CLC Potomac Region's Magnificent Modifieds car show at Capitol Cadillac in Greenbelt, MD will provide a wonderful opportunity to pilot these draft rules and judging form. As a result, we are looking for cars to participate in the pilot judging, and three to eight volunteers to conduct the judging. Those volunteering to judge should inform CLC Chief Judge Bill Anderson of their interest and contact information by email (Rivsrgr8@aol.com) or mail to 2198 Johns Hopkins Road, Gambrills, MD 21054 on or before October 23, 2015.

Volunteer car owners will need to complete the draft judging form according to the draft judging rules and submit it to the Potomac Region along with the Magnificent Modifieds car show registration form (see attached) prior to the show.

The pilot judging will be in addition to the peer judging at the show with no additional trophies being awarded based on the pilot judging results (see the Magnificent Modifieds flyer for information on awards and peer judging guidelines). For the judging volunteers and pilot car owners (if they wish), Bill Anderson, CLC Chief Judge, will hold a judging seminar at Capitol Cadillac at 10:00 AM the day of the show, Sunday, October 25th.

Here is a chance to assist the CLC with the finalization of these rules and judging form. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please feel free to contact Bill Anderson at (443) 994-5455 or Rivsrgr8@aol.com, or Vince Taliano at (410) 598-0488 or eddieamendo@comcast.net.

We are looking forward to your participation.

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Joe Manna

Hi Vince,hope all is well?.Hope to make the show on the 25th.I will be willing to help judge the modified class at the 2017 GN.If we come down to your show,I can help with that too
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Vince Taliano #13852

Thanks, Joe.  I will let Bill Anderson know.  Hope to see you on the 25th. 
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region

Vince Taliano #13852

Just want to answer a question that has been asked.  Membership in the CLC is not required to participate in this event.   Our shows are open to the public, including Capitol Cadillac's customers.  A good number of the registered car owners at each of our shows are non-members of the CLC and/or the Potomac Region.  We welcome all participants equally.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region

76eldo

I though one of my cars might qualify for this show but now I am not sure.

I know a lot of time and thought went into this endeavor but I think you may be missing one catagory.

I have a totally stock Hess & Eisenhardt 1980
Eldorado convertible. Other than one repaint it is in as-delivered condition.
Shouldn't there be a class for Cadillac  authorized or dealer authorized customs?

According to the classes listed my car doesn't seem to fit any of the criteria.

The top and body and interior were modified in order to make the car a convertible but Other than that it's all stock.
Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Vince Taliano #13852

Brian, thanks for your post.  The draft CLC Modified Division classes were developed by Bill Anderson and the judging committee.  They can discuss further the thoughts behind the draft classes.

The judging classes for the peer judging at the show itself were developed by the Potomac Region.

CLASS      DESCRIPTION
Class A:   Pre-War Modifieds (1902-1942)
Class B:   Post-War Modifieds Early (1946-64)
Class C:   Post-War Modifieds Late (1965-present)
Class D:   1902 â€" 1942 Cadillac or LaSalle
Class E:   1946 â€" 1958 Cadillac
Class F:   1959 â€" 1964 Cadillac
Class G:   1965 â€" 1970 Cadillac
Class H:   1971 â€" 1976 Cadillac
Class I:   1977 â€" 1986 Cadillac
Class J:   1987 â€" 1996 Cadillac
Class K:   1997 â€" Current Cadillac
Class L:   Professional Vehicles

If you can attend, I would suggest entering the car in Class I.  That is how the Eldorado convertibles of that era have been registered in the past.

Hope you can join us on October 25th.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region