News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Special Order 1979 Eldorado Biarritz

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, August 19, 2015, 08:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

1979 Eldorado Biarritz - with velour interior. Leather interior was standard on Biarritz and there was no regular production seat ever made in this style in cloth, especially this color so there is no way the seats came from another car.

Seller apparently has no idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Eldorado-Biarritz-/301717601704?forcerrptr=true&hash=item463fc53da8&item=301717601704#ht_6576wt_1238

Page from 1979 Cadillac brochure on Eldorado Biarritz indicating leather standard on Biarritz.

EDIT: Just noticed "CLOTH SEATS" indicated on the broadcast sheet shown in the presentation.

It certainly appears to be one of the finest examples of 1979 Eldorado extant. A shoo-in for top honors at any CLC event.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Karkrazy

What's the trim code?  Those rugs look deluxe too..
Likely some of you own my former cars.. I had many, many Cads as well as other luxury makes over the years.
Currently have no collector cars right now, but looking..if you have something give me a try.

Tampico carpeting, standard on Biarritz, DeVille and Brougham with d'Elegance. 

1979 was the first year for Tampico - a throwback to the Mouton carpeting on Eldorado Brougham models.

Trim code used to be "00" on Special Order cars. I could not find it on the sheet - perhaps someone with younger eyes than mine...

Dan LeBlanc

I couldn't find it either, but in the far right column, custom front seat and custom rear seat are indicated.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

I think I found the trim code - it's in block #77 on the sheet, second from the bottom, second from the left - 24C

Code 24C which is described as "Lt Blue Roma Knit Cloth" from the Raritan River CLC Database. This type of material was used on Seville.

http://www.rrrclc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/19791.pdf

g27g28

I have seen a cloth seated 79 Biarritz before.  It wasn't this one as it wasn't in that good of shape years ago.  It was the same color combo though.  I just pulled out the sales brochure and the seats were available in 5 leather colors or in "light blue Dante cloth".  I do not know if it was offered for 1980, anyone have a brochure?
1941 Series 62
1954 Coupe DeVille
1978 Phaeton
1980 Fleetwood