News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'53 wood tire block for trunk spare

Started by MAX GRETENCORD, August 23, 2015, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAX GRETENCORD

anyone have the demensions for the wood tire block in the trunk of my '53 sedan?
1953 CADILLAC 6219 SEDAN
1963 STUDEBAKER GT HAWK

Jay Friedman

If it is the same as the wood block for a '49, I have one that I could measure for you.  Trouble is that I'm presently out of town and won't be back till next Sat., Aug. 30.  Email me privately then to remind me and I'll measure it for you.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

MAX GRETENCORD

1953 CADILLAC 6219 SEDAN
1963 STUDEBAKER GT HAWK

gary griffin

I do not know if they are the same but there are dimensions in the 1942 to 1947 Authenticity manual.

3-1/2" by 3-1/2 inches (Basically a 4x4) cut to 5-3/8 inches long and  and cut diagonally  with a 1/8 inch chamfer  on top. finish is flat black.

If you want a picture send your email address and I will send a picture.

I doubt this is something that whey would change, except maybe the length. Maybe someone with a later authenticity manual will have and post different dimensions?

I had a carpenter friend make mine from a piece of scrap  4x4 on his job.

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

MAX GRETENCORD

thanks for the deme
nsions................that is what I was looking for..........I will put the ole band saw to work this weekend...Max
1953 CADILLAC 6219 SEDAN
1963 STUDEBAKER GT HAWK

MAX GRETENCORD

Thanks everyone for the information.  I now have what I need.  I will now have plenty of time to make one for the CLC Fall Festival.
1953 CADILLAC 6219 SEDAN
1963 STUDEBAKER GT HAWK