News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1952 Cadillac sedan 6219X: Trunk panels and lining

Started by jdemerson, August 21, 2015, 10:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

My trunk is somewhat beat up and I hope to restore it to near original condition. I have been in touch with R.E.M. automotive restoration parts. They have made the trunk panels for a 1950 Series 75 and also for the 1953 Coupe (which is about 6 inches longer in the trunk than the sedan). So they have those patterns.

My questions:
1. Will trunk panels from the 1950 Series 75 fit my 1952 Series 62 Sedan? As far as I can tell the dimensions of the trunk compartments are identical between Series 62 and Series 75 models; the differences are all in the passenger compartment. (Coupes and convertibles are different.)
2. The 1952 Series 62 and Series 75 models had a trunk that was larger only because the trunk lid is higher than in 1950 and 1951 models. However, as far as I can tell the rear fenders are the same for all three years. So I would guess that the trunk panels (side and bulkhead) are the same for the sedans and series 75 in all three years. Can anyone confirm this?
3. I would like to order the trunk panels and lining from the 1950 Series 75 in tan, but am trying to be sure that it will work. I am trying to avoid the time, inconvenience, and expense of sending them the old panels from my 1952, though I could do that as a pattern for R.E.M.

Advice?  Thanks.

John Emerson
CLC #26790
1952 Cadillac Series 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

jdemerson

Bump

Does anyone know about interchangeability of trunks: 1950 to 1952 and Series 75 to 62 sedan? From the CLC Authenticity Manual, they appear to be identical. See message below for brief detailed background.

Thanks,
John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X

Dan LeBlanc

I have checked the data books, parts lists, and every conceivable resource out there.  The closest thing I could find was the AMA specifications questionnaire.  Of course, when it came to trunk dimensions, Cadillac answered N/A to all except the hinging question. 
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

jdemerson

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on August 25, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
I have checked the data books, parts lists, and every conceivable resource out there.  The closest thing I could find was the AMA specifications questionnaire.  Of course, when it came to trunk dimensions, Cadillac answered N/A to all except the hinging question.

Thanks for going to the trouble, Dan. It appears then that the only way I will know is to actually see the models involved. From the outside, the trunks on the 1950 to 1953 Series 75 appear identical to those on the 1950-53 Series 62 sedans.

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X