News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Black '59 fleetwood on e-bay

Started by M. Bankes, August 30, 2015, 06:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Bankes

I just wanted to let potential buyers of the black 1959 Fleetwood that is for sale on e-bay right now. I have personally viewed the car and don't believe the description is anywhere near accurate. Please check the car out for yourself before buying, or have it checked out. It is a nice car, but now where near what the seller is claiming. (Moderator added comments below:)

There have been enough clarifications about this car that I removed the "buyer beware" note on the header bar. As with any car or part, the buyer is the last one that needs to worry about the condition of the auto, no one else.

Steve Passmore

Is that the one in Canada?  One must always take the seller opinion with a pinch of salt. We all have differing  views on whats good and bad.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

M. Bankes

Hi,
Yes, it's the one in Canada. I agree, obviously my opinion differs from the sellers. It is best to check out any car yourself before buying or have someone you trust do it

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I had a difficult time finding that listing; seller had not indicated the model year in the proper field when setting up the auction.

Here it is for anybody interested in having a look. No affiliation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Fleetwood-Fleetwood-/252073028520?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ab0b92ba8&item=252073028520#ht_230wt_1238
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Gregory

No one including M Bankes has every inspected my car since I have owned it so he has no idea what condition my car is in. I believe I described it honestly , even he says it's a nice car. How would he know. Buyers should always inspect their potential purchase. Thanks. Greg ryckman

beastly beauties

Gregory,  I read your listing forward and backwards. I didn't find anything inaccurate about it. I realize after having been in the restoration business for 40 years, that everyone has their own opinions on what they see and read. I love '59 Cadillacs, and always have. I remember long ago when you could not give them away, again because "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I can readily see and read that you state you are not promoting a car that is pristine and does not need work to make it so, if the buyer wants to take it to that level. It's a beautiful piece however and wish you luck in your sale. I know the right buyer will be satisfied.     D. Symonds