News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2015 Grand European in Lake Zurich, Switzerland

Started by C.R. Patton II, August 31, 2015, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen

The Grand National in Lake Zurich was a fabulous event with great people and fantastic cars.  The organizers were prepared  and planned a memorable occasion.  This was a 1937 LaSalle owned by Eric Debusschere of Belgium, the most beautiful vehicle present.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Roger Zimmermann

It was a pleasure to see you again! I don't regret to have been part of that event; lot of interesting cars from several European countries.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Roger Zimmermann

Some more...The black Brougham is from Germany.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Roger Zimmermann

Some more, one with Jay Friedman and his wife.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Jay Friedman

Like Roger and C.R., as well as everyone else who attended, my wife Elaine and I had a wonderful time at the Grand European.

Memories include:

1. Being driven by Roger and his wife Christine in their gorgeous '57 Eldorado Brougham from the host hotel in Pfaffikon to the Swiss Transport Museum an hour away in Lucerne. 

2. Seeing all the fabulous cars lined up at the museum.  Besides Roger's Eldo, like CR I was also impressed by Mr. Debusschere's '37 Lasalle.  There was also a '38 Cadillac V8 limo and a '37 Lasalle convertible used in rallies which I liked.  An impressive restoration was a red '59 Eldo Biarritz.  It had been in a major accident--bashing in both its front and rear ends--but its Norwegian owner personally brought it back to show condition in less than 2 years.  (He told me over a beer that there are so many '59s in Scandinavia that its easier to get parts for them there than in the US.);

3. The tour of the city of Lucerne;

4. The dinner cruise on Lake Lucerne, which is one of the most beautiful places in a beautiful country. 

Thanks to the GE organizers and especially to Roger and Christine.

Jay
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Roger Zimmermann

1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Rick Payton

I had a great time and enjoyed the meet very much!  I enjoyed seeing all my European friends
Rick Payton - President- US Distribution
WWW.FLATJACK.COM

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1955 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1956 Ford Thunderbird
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham #590
1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1964 Corvette Stingray
1967 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1986 Mercedes Benz 560SL
2006 Cadillac XLR