News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Eldorado Paint Options Inquiry

Started by BJM, September 02, 2015, 09:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

I have located a project 1968 Eldorado that is Black with Black and white houndstooth interior. Black's OK, but my favorite 1968 Eldorado color is what I would call a "Burnt Sienna" or a dark orange.

I went to ebay to check out some paint chips for sale and so far I don't see it.  What bothered me the most was that I saw paint chips from several companies and many had different colors!  I am not sure I trust any of them now.

Does anybody have the name and paint color chip for that 1968 Eldorado Burnt Sienna orange color?  I have seen it on 3-4 1968 Eldorados.  THANKS!

Karkrazy

I probably have it.. Id caution you about changing a color n the resale of orange?? Houndstooth/ blk sounds nice to me..
Likely some of you own my former cars.. I had many, many Cads as well as other luxury makes over the years.
Currently have no collector cars right now, but looking..if you have something give me a try.

BJM

I could care less what my daughters get for my cars after I die.    ;D

Anyway, still looking.  Weird the paint chips are all over the map on ebay, usually they are consistent.  Maybe grab a 68 Eldorado brochure. 

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Brian, there is a touch-up paint site that has all the colors readily at hand. Try that. Google 1968 Cadillac paint chart, or whatever.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bryan,
I think that's a 67 Firemist  color. HTH, Bob
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

joeinbcs

Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.