News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Dumbest Cadillac Ad on ebay right now

Started by 76eldo, September 05, 2015, 10:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this guy ran this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111763549097?item=111763549097&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I sent him a message the first time and told him that there was no Tri Power in 1964 Cadillac's and that Tri Power means three two barrel carbs, hence the "Tri" meaning three carbs.

His answer was, "I said in the ad it's a joke". 

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

cadillac ken

sadly this is what it has come to.  Guys who know little or nothing about what they are selling but are convinced absolutely what it is worth. 

I have seen items literally listed over and over again for not only months but over a year at the same price.  It is lost on today's sellers that the market is set by the buyers not by what they believe their item is worth.

Pride in ignorance has reached epic levels.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Well he does admit it is done in jest: Tri-Power is mostly a joke  :-)   The tri comes from intake, carb, and factory air filter..  

Technically, the third part of the "trifecta" is not an air "filter" but an air cleaner.  ::)

In any event, chances are anybody searching for either this, or true tri carb Cadillac parts will know what they're looking at.

I'm guessing the parts are correct for 63/64...
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Gene Beaird

And anyone looking for a real 'tri-power' will be really annoyed that popped up in the search results.  The guy's probably trolling for hit counts, or something.
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Bob Schuman

This brings up a "pet peeve" of mine. TriPower was a term coined by Pontiac, but probably not trademarked. Anyway, Cadillac, Olds, Chevy, Ford, Mercury, Dodge, and Plymouth all offered engines with three two barrel carbs at various times, but they never called them Tripower. As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't a Pontiac, it does not have a TriPower, it just has three two barrels.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Bill Young

Another one of my all time favorite stupidism's " A coupe deville convertible for sale  " So which one is it a Coupe DeVille or a Convertible either a Series 62 or DeVille ?

Big Apple Caddy

Going even more off topic but a question I have is since Cadillac called DeVille coupes "Coupe de Villes" and DeVille Sedans "Sedan de Villes" (until 1994), why didn't they stay more consistent and call DeVille convertibles "Convertible de Villes"?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Originally, the term "deVille" denoted hardtop body style so technically, "DeVille Convertible" is itself, a contradiction in terms. 

I always maintained it would have been more rational for DeVille Convertible to have begun in the 1957 model year since all closed body styles were hardtops that year and the fact that Series 62 Convertible interior trim was identical to that used in DeVille rather than in proper Series 62 cars. Instead, they waited until 1964 which made even less sense.

To make matters even for confusing, most standard models were still listed as "Series 62" cars in 1959 despite the fact that "model rationalization" that supposedly took place that year.

In matters of model and Series designation and so forth, little seemed "rational" at Cadillac for some time.  ::)

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

fintail51

Another one of my favorite and sad situations arises when I advertise a car that obviously has not been run in forty years and I'm asked; "can I drive it home?".

Tito Sobrinho

Ebay accepts any description. They are making money anyway.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.