News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Re-Chroming

Started by Jimi Peoples, September 08, 2015, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi Peoples

Just checking to see if anyone knows a good place in Arkansas to get items re-chromed?
What should a guy expect to pay to have front and rear bumpers re-chromed, and a grill for a 1942 series 61?

Thanks,

Jim
1942 Series 6107

gary griffin

My guess would be about $400 each for bumpers with bumper guards.and grille $500 Grille will have to be taken a part, easy job to disassemble and reassemble. Grille has a lot of pieces.

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

BillR. CLC # 29203

Jim and others that might need an excellent chromer,
If you come up empty in Arkansas you might look @8 hours to your southeast. Centex Plating Co., 509 E. St. Elmo, Austin, Tx. 78745  1-800-252-3039  ask for Dave Amundson. We just used them for the front tie bar and the two boomerangs for my son's '59 Caddilac. Total $615.00 before tax. One of the boomerangs was pretty far gone and went to "swiss cheese" when they started work on it. When that happened Dave called me. Dave got another from Honest John for the price Honest John charged him. I thought that was stand-up. He could have charged me much more and I would not have been the wiser. All three pieces were set up to be completed in 4-6 weeks. The tie bar was done in 4 weeks to the day so I could hand deliver it to Florida and even with the issue with one of the boomerangs they were still done within that 6 week period. If you call please tell him how you heard about them. 
Good luck.
Bill Rodwick
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Jimi Peoples

Thanks guys I found a guy in Lincoln Arkansas, Whitworx. I just need to see if his pricing is in line. Would anyone know where I can find the Cadillac letter for my hood? I don't have any letters at all. Was wondering if it ever had them to begin with. Also trying to find the chrome ring to hold in the turn signal on my grill and a trunk lid emblem. If you know of anyone selling these parts let me know.

Thanks,

Jim
1942 Series 6107

gary griffin

Jim,

The trunk badge is one year only item. A little pricey but they are available.

The Cadillac letters are reproduced. I have a few extras but missing a couple.

I can provide the turn signal bezel I think I sent you something before?

garygriffin@Q.com
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver