News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 DeVille and other misc. parts for trade/partial trade + sale

Started by jwjohnson86, September 09, 2015, 10:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwjohnson86

I received a box of miscellaneous parts from the person who sold me my 1970 DeVille convertible this summer.  They are surplus and not needed for my car, I would be happy to get them to anyone else working on a 1970 in trade for a few items I need to fix on mine and not all are for a 1970.  I am new to the hobby and not knowledgeable about what other years these parts may work for, I defer to the considerable expertise of the experienced CLC membership.  My pictures are too large in file size so PM me with an email if you would like to see photos of anything I have.

What I have:

1. Drivers' door control panel bezel (4 windows and window lockout switch) - switch is attached but I do not know if it works, action is solid
2. Two end trim caps for the door panel interior pull handles
3. The rear center seat audio speaker assembly (grille and 10 ohm speaker)
4.  Not from 1970, but a center wheel cap (year unknown).  GM part 1625954 stamped on inside.  3 metal mounting prongs on back are intact.
5. Old metal dealership plate from Lindsay Cadillac, Northern VA (had been attached with double sided tape, no studs)
6.  A post-1970 trunk lock crest and bezel (spring is missing so will need to rebuild with a new spring and any other parts that went into the assembly originally).  Color is very nice and there is a layer of slightly yellowed but intact clear plastic or poly overlayment on top of the color.

What I need:

Right rear marker light red lens (part of mine looks like it got smashed by a rock thrown by another car)
One clear lens for the rear bumper backup light
Grille for the dashboard courtesy light (black, but I can repaint if colored)
Black dashboard slide out ashtray (again, could repaint)
Two 1970 chrome cigarette lighters for rear seats (I have the original passenger front armrest lighter with the chrome notched edge top surface and a coin-edge bezel around edge of grip)

Thanks for your consideration and assistance.  Happy Motoring, Jason Johnson CLC #29583
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Jason,
I have a black lower dash panel and the complete ashtray assembly.  $100.00 plus shipping and it's yours.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

CaddyShack

Quote from: jwjohnson86 on September 09, 2015, 10:40:23 PM4.  Not from 1970, but a center wheel cap (year unknown).  GM part 1625954 stamped on inside.  3 metal mounting prongs on back are intact.

Jason, do you still have that center cap? I could really use that, actually.

35-709

You might try a PM to Jason (as he suggests), he hasn't been on these forums since November of 2017.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

CaddySteve

I have the following:

Right rear marker light red lens

One clear lens for the rear bumper backup light

Grille for the dashboard courtesy light - Black