News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

looking to hire 1930s Cadillac for October 1 in Somerset, NJ

Started by dazilka, September 10, 2015, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazilka

Hello

We are looking to rent or hire a 1930s Cadillac or a other make for the Morris and Essex Kennel Club Dog Show.  It is a one of the most spectacular dog shows in the world that takes place every 5 years in Somerset, New Jersey.  This year's event will take place on Thursday, October 1st.

Every five years, starting in 2000, the elegance, glamour, style and high level of judging quality of Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge’s original dog show held on her polo fields is brought back to life for a new generation. In its 1937 heyday, more than 50,000 dog-loving spectators descended upon sleepy Madison, New Jersey, and 4,104 dogs were shown. In the show's 2005 incarnation, a total entry of 3,619 dogs were presented in 160 different breeds.  Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge, daughter of William Rockefeller and niece of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. was born into a privileged life during America’s “Gilded Age.” Geraldine grew up with a strong love of dogs, art, and a spirit of philanthropy. On April 18, 1907, Geraldine married Marcellus Hartley Dodge, and the couple was regarded as the richest young couple in America.  She had a custom 1934 Cadillac built as a kennel car to transport her dogs.

The outdoor show features huge Renaissance tents flying the club’s orange and navy blue banners as well as 30 rings with 80 of the American Kennel Club’s finest breed judges. More than 100 breeds will hold national, regional and statewide specialties, and supported entries.  As was tradition during Mrs. Dodge’s era, entries and judges are expected from around the world. Only conformation judging will be held, as was customary in Mrs. Dodge’s time as well.  Many of the attendees take the time to dress in 1930s attire with vintage hats especially.

We are setting up a vintage tent and grooming area complete with furniture and Victrola record player.   We would like to hire or rent a vintage Cadillac for the day to have next to our vintage tent.  It will be roped off and secured.  We anticipate the owner to show up early in the morning to park the car and then be able to leave after the show ends in the late afternoon.  A box lunch and refreshments will be provided.  Dogs will not be allowed in or around the car.

Please feel to reach me via email at dazilka@aol.com

Here is a link to information about the dog show.......  http://www.morrisandessexkennelclub.org/2015-show.html

Here is a link for more information about the Morris and Essex Kennel Dog Show ......  http://www.morrisandessexkennelclub.org/

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The "long" car was either a 1939 or 1940 Cadillac modified from the Series 60 Special body. It must have been a bear to get around corners.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

dazilka

We were thinking it was a 1934 or 1935 because of the large insignia on the hub cap.   Word has it that this custom Cadillac dog hauler was last seen tucked away in a barn in north or central New Jersey.

The Tassie Devil(le)

The car in the picture with the lady and the dog is a different car to the one above it.   The car is a Convertible.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

JoeCeretti

From the trim on the rocker panel on the first shot, I see 1938-40 but I think there is a rain shield on the no draft vents up front. Not 1938.

Whichever it was, that must have been one stinky car.
1938 60S nearly done and then destroyed by fire :(
1989 Buick Riviera (Arctic White Paint / Blue Cloth Interior)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Joe, with the money those dogs had, I imagine that they were washed cleaner than you or me and doused in Chanel # 5.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

JoeCeretti

Hhahah ... My dog is only rich with love. She stinks a little bit right now. I think it should be bath night.
1938 60S nearly done and then destroyed by fire :(
1989 Buick Riviera (Arctic White Paint / Blue Cloth Interior)